Thursday, January 25, 2007

Volcan Poas and Playa Jaco

So my first weekend here they took all of the USAC interntational students on a day trip. We went to the Cafe´ Britt, which is an organic coffee cooperative in Heredia. Afterwards we went to Volcan Poas and the National Park there to check out an active volcanic crater.













































I also did some hiking around the park, although it was quite small.











































On Sunday, a couple of friends (Hector from Peru/Idaho and Carly from Kansas) and I ventured off to a nearby (2.5 hr) beach called Playa Jaco...I wouldn´t reccommend it as a vacation spot because the beach is pretty dirty and the town is really ugly....but the waves were at least good.


















I am headed to Manuel Antonio National Park this weekend...it is supposed to be one of the best places to visit in Costa Rica...maybe I will get a picture of a Sloth or a Monkey! or a tan.....haha (is that even possible?)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey MB

nice pics...

miss ya