Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Manuel Antonio

I spent this last weekend in Manuel Antonio hiking around / laying on the beach. Despite it being completely touristy, the park is actually very beautiful and if you get there really early in the morning you can hike around for a few hours and not see that many people. There were actually a few times when it felt like we (my friend Carly and I) were the only people there...well aside from the Luke the hot med student we met from Indiana that hung out with us all day... sorry girls, I didn´t get any pictures of him, only sloths....haha .


It was pretty cloudy early in the morning, so these picture dídn´t really turn out as good as I would have liked....so again, you all should just come down and check it out for yourself!!

But the highlight of my trip was definitely seeing the different animals in the park....especially the sloths. I had the opportunity to witness a sloth deficating (they only do it twice a month at most). They climb all the way down from trees to do it, so I was able to get really close for a picture.


They close their eyes when they poop!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep posting the pictures(Remember to have someone take one or two of you every now and then)...We will share them w/ G & G Dean...We love you and miss you...Michigan Mom & Dad

Anonymous said...

Your mom put us onto your blog. We really love the room, especially the poster! B says that it is a keeper.

We will pray for you and will try to keep up on email. We're really bad with it :(

Love you lots!

Uncle S & Aunt B (& B&B)

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm It looks like he is smiling after (or during his poop). I guess I would be happy too, if I was so constipated and I finally pooped. Twice a month!!
Anyways, sorry I keep missing your phone calls. Call later at night!
love you,
Christie