Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Arenal/La Fortuna

So I apologize for not giving any updates for a few weeks...but I am a serious student here, so I have been very busy studying and reading and doing all those things that good students do :) haha...Any way...

So a few weeks ago, a couple of friends and I decided to check out the famous Volcan Arenal (Costa Rica´s active volcano) and La Fortuna waterfalls. It was a fun trip but seriously over priced...the whole place has been seriously overrun by tourism and almost everything even remotely interesting to see or do has been blocked off requirring you to pay a hefty admission fee to enter. But....despite this, I did manage to see Lava flowing from the volcano one night for FREE! so it made the trip almost worth it....not to mention our hostel was only $3 dollars a night.





So on a clear day (which according to the locals isn´t very often) you can see all the way to the stop of the volcano and the smoke rising from it is more distinct. Unfortunately, it was a bit cloudy when we went.


This is the view from the National Park side of the Volcano.



We also visited a waterfall in La Fortuna




And went swimming in some of the nearby holes.


We managed to see a few other things along the way as well


Poison-Dart Frog....very very tiny


For some reason this flower reminded me of my grandparents!! I miss you guys so much!!

No comments: