Tuesday, February 6, 2007

The World of Weird

So this weekend, my tropical ecology class took a field trip to the Tirimbina Biological Reserve. So basically I spent all weekend hiking around the rainforest, catching tree frogs and bats, and swimming with vegetarian piranhas. I saw a lot of interesting things, some beautiful, some strange, but all definitely unique.


Me in the Rainforest...I apologize for ruining the beautiful scenery, but I wanted to show the family that I am still healthy and alive with a picture of myself.


This picture is actually along one of the roads in the community outlying the reserve. The inner nerd in me made a trip to see their (gravity-fed) drinking water system.


Me after swimming with the Vegetarian peranhas...my kind of fish! (again a picture for the fam...look how healthy I look!! haha)



The flower of a Cocoa Tree....this tiny thing grows into the fruit they make chocolate from.





Random Fruit...I think it looks like dog food stuck to a giant wad of bubble gum




Bullet Ants....these things ae like 3 inches long, and supposedly being bit by them hurts worse than being shot.




Heart-Shaped Palms

There were tons of neat looking vines, flowers, trees, fungi...I just picked a few to show







Walking Tree....apparently they have roots that allow them to actually move or walk (very very slowly)



No comments: