Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Puerto Viejo de Talamanca

So a two weeks back , was the BEST weekend I have had in Costa Rica so far!! My friend Carly, Christen and I hopped a bus to Puerto Viejo as a last minute decision and it ended up being such a great time. This town, on the southern caribean side of CR, is so relaxed and beautiful!...I could go on about it forever...but as I always say...just go check it out for yourselves.


We stayed at a hostel right along the beach in Hammocks for a steep price of $5 dollars. For some reason I got the only plaid hammock they had in the place....hmm

We also rented bikes (again $5 per day) and rode everywhere! The best beach we went to was in Manzanillo a 40 min bike ride away.


Some of the beaches there had coral reefs nearby and others were white sand. There was a good mix for snorkeling , boogie-boarding (you would love it Dad!!), surfing (have yet to try it though) and swimming.

No comments: