Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Montezuma

This last weekend I went to Montezuma (Costa Rica) located at the southern point of the nicoya peninsula on the Pacific side. It was a lot of fun, although the beach (at least the part close to town) was dirty and for some reason smelled like cooked carrots which orange-tinted foam to match....we did find a cleaner and non-carrot smelling part after walking for about an hour outside of town though.



Outside of town also had a series of waterfalls and swimming holes. It was nice to go swimming in freshwater again...and you could even jump off of one of them.




The return home from the trip was quite a journey though. To get to Montezuma from the San Jose area you have to take a ferry over to the peninsula. Normally the ferry ride is about 1.5 hours, that is if your ferry doesn´t break down halfway like ours did....instead it took us 7 hours to make the trip. We had to wait for a tugboat to come get us, and then slowly...and I mean really slowly...pull us the rest of the way.





On a positive note...when we did make it to the other side, there was a news crew waiting to film us...and when I finally made it back to my house in Heredia...my tica mom was all excited because she said she had seen me on TV!! I am an international television star!!

No comments: