Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Panama

So I recently had a week off of school and made a trip down to Panama to visit some friends from MTU who are in the Peace Corps there.


I spent part of the time visiting my friend Ryu in Panama City while he was undergoing treatment for leishmaniasis. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leishmaniasis
I did get to see some other parts of the city besides the hospital, but I wasn´t very good about taking any pictures so you don´t get to see that much (I did go to the Canal, but I forgot to bring my camera...Sorry!)

These pictures are in Casco Viejo the old colonial part of town.


These pictures are taken from the Causeway which is near the entrance of the canal.



A ship on its way out of the Canal.



The other part of my trip, I went to visit my friend Brandon at his Peace Corps site in Bocas del Toro. Unfortunately, once again I didn´t take any pictures, but if you want to check out his website it is http://panamericanproceeding.blogspot.com/


The last weekend of the trip, Brandon and I met up with some friends from school on the Islands in Bocas...but the weather wasn´t that great (cloudy and rainy)...guess I will just have to go back when it is sunny sometime...and take more pictues of course.


No comments: